Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th Of July!


Today is the 4th of July, and to celebrate, I went to see the fireworks display at Coors Field in Lower Downtown Denver last night.  I didn't actually go inside the stadium, just listened to the game in my car until the 9th inning, and then hightailed it to a good spot across the street.  The first spot I picked was next to the Tavern Downtown.  The rooftop deck was packed with revelers, and the music was blasting throughout the neighborhood, most likely to drown out the competing music on the rooftop deck across the street at the Lodo Bar and Grill. Since I was beginning to go crazy (OK, crazier) where I was standing, I moved to a location kitty corner from the stadium and listened to the more soothing sounds of city traffic.  As I waited for the fireworks show to begin, I began to realize that teaching sign language might be an excellent career opportunity - none of these kids will be able to hear a damn thing in a few years.  Do I sound like an old curmudgeon or what?  Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment