Saturday, March 1, 2014

Final Fridays At The Denver Art Museum


I attended Final Fridays at the Denver Art Museum (The DAM, or DAMN when you have to pay your annual dues) last night for the first time, and was very impressed.  It is held on the last Friday of every month, and features a variety of art related events.  Last night I attended a talk by Chuck Forsman, whose photographs are being featured in the Photography Gallery, and also attended a talk by film critic Jack Hanley on the extremely nifty "Polish Film Posters for the American Western" exhibit, also currently being featured at the museum.  However, the big highlight for me was the fact that the museum provides FREE FOOD from Kevin Taylor (a very fancy restaurateur) at these events.  Art is indeed food for the soul, but unlimited egg rolls is my idea of heaven.  I have not been so enraptured with an event since those breakfast meetings back in the good old days at the DU Bookstore, when we had UNLIMITED BACON on those rare Friday mornings.  Count me in for Final Fridays next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment