Sunday, February 28, 2016

Plumbing The Depths Up In Fort Collins


I drove up to Fort Collins yesterday afternoon to have dinner - steaks and beer, no less - with my sister Susan and brother-in law George.  It was a great day to drive north along the edge of the Great Plains (to the east no civilization to speak of for 1000 miles, until Chicago, and to the west, the Rocky Mountains). The temperature was in the high 60s and the sun was shining, and spring seemed at hand. All was not roses up in Fort Collins, however, because of a very sensitive subject to me - plumbing issues.  In the photo above, Susan and George are laughing on the outside and crying on the inside after paying a $2,000 special assessment leveled by the homeowner's association.  Not only that, after the plumbers turned the water back on after a day of work the other day, it caused a major leak in their upstairs bathroom.  The same thing happened to me, and I wound up paying over $600 to fix it.  The moral of this story - I should have been a plumber.  That and the medical industry seem to be where the money is.

No comments:

Post a Comment