Saturday, June 25, 2016

Abstract Women


It is NOT my imagination.  Time is definitely accelerating at a much faster pace. It seems like I just attended Final Friday at the Denver Art Museum (The DAM), and here it is again.  I think global warming is to blame for this, too.  It is a shame Albert Einstein isn't still around to work out some equations concerning this.  But in any case, I did indeed attend the Final Friday event at the DAM and the highlight this time was a talk by Gwen Chanzit, the curator of modern art, about the the new exhibit Women of Abstract Expressionism, which recently opened at the museum.  This exhibit features the work of a dozen women who painted during the 1940s and 1950s, but whose talents weren't acknowledged because of their gender. Chanzit has been working on this project since 2008.  She is understandably very excited about the exhibit, which was contagious and spread to the large audience in attendance, giving the evening a evening a really positive vibe. I definitely recommend taking it in, and I should know, since I am, as everyone knows, an artiste myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment