Sunday, August 20, 2017

Going To Another Rapids Game With Mark


I went with my friend Mark (seen in the photograph above) to see the Colorado Rapids play DU United yesterday evening.  As usual, it looked like it was going to pour, but never did wind up raining,  The Rapids have their own soccer stadium in beautiful Commerce City, just to the northeast of Denver, next door to Denver's main postal facility, where I underwent training for being a rural postal carrier, a job out of hell that makes me shudder whenever I pass something that reminds me of it.  But I digress - back to soccer.   I was especially happy to go to the game because Mark had free tickets, and the seats were pretty good.  Last time the ticket cost $52, which put me into a state of shock for a while, but if I went to this game, the net cost of the two games would be $26, a much more reasonable amount.  I could not afford to not go.  The Colorado Rapids and DC United are the two worst teams in the league, by the way, and the Rapids wound up losing 1 to nil, as they say.  No problem - I am after all a Chicago White Sox fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment