Monday, June 25, 2018

Something Good To Say About the Rockies Organization





I know I have been pretty critical of the Colorado Rockies organization in the past (I am still pretty steamed about them charging $100 for a Rockpile seat - the worst seat in the house - on Opening Day), but I must say that Photo Day, which took place last Saturday, was a really nice thing to do for the fans.  They got to mix with both current players and stars from the past, have their photo taken with their favorite players (such as the woman in the photo on the left taking a photo with Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzales), and generally feel like a part of the Rockies family.



The fans really appreciated the gesture, and while waiting for the players to come onto the field, I overheard people talking about previous Photo Days they had attended.  One fan discussed how she and a friend had to take the red eye home from a trip to Las Vegas in order to arrive at Coors Field in time for the event.  I myself have never attended Photo Day before, and was pleasantly surprised at how they let the fans onto the field and allowed them to stand along the warning track surrounding the field.  I was admonished by one of the ushers for having my one of my toes on the grass, but no problem.  I understand the field has to be pristine for the game, which the Colorado Rockies lost to the Miami Marlins (one of the worst teams in baseball, by the way) 6 to 2.  And there I go again, criticizing the team once.  Those positive feelings didn't last long, did they?

No comments:

Post a Comment