Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!



To tell the truth, I was not sure if the above photograph was taken on Easter Sunday or on Thanksgiving, but it is labeled Thanksgiving 1957 in my computer, so it must be Thanksgiving.  I'm sure I was much sharper when I scanned it all those years ago and knew what I was doing. This photo was taken in the living room of our house in Brainerd, a neighborhood on the south side of Chicago, back when I was a mere 4 1/2 years old.  From left to right are Aunt Kitty (my maternal grandfather's sister), my mother Mary, my Grandmother Spillard (my mother's mother), my Grandmother Hoyt (my father Nelson's mother), me, and in the background, Petie the parakeet.  My Grandmother's first name was Fleta, by the way, but my Grandfather always called her "Pete" for some reason.  I wonder if the bird was named after her?  In any case, I hope everyone enjoys Thanksgiving with their families today.  Enjoy them while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment