Sunday, June 9, 2019

Soccer AND Photo Day At Coors Field With Mark






I went with my friend Mark to Ester's Neighborhood Pub to watch the European Soccer Championship Game between Tottenham and Liverpool last week. Liverpool won the game 2 to 0, and after the presentation of the trophy we headed straight to Coors Field for Photo Day, where Colorado Rockies players (both past and present) meet the fans and pose for pictures with them.  I took the photograph on the left of Mark with Colorado Rockies legend Vinny Castilla.  Castilla was one of the original Colorado Rockies back in 1993, and was always a fan favorite.






I also took a photograph of Mark with Mark Reynolds, a current Rockies player who is one of my favorites. He plays first base for the Rockies, and always seems to get the clutch hits. However, because of his age (35, which of course means he is almost dead in baseball years) he does not get the respect he deserves.  The Rockies keep trying to replace him with younger players, but they just aren't as good as Reynolds, and he remains in the lineup most days. 



I myself had my photograph taken with the Colorado Rockies manager, Bud Black.  However, this photo was taken less than 24 hours after I returned home from a trip to Europe, and it definitely shows.  I look like I am not sure what country I am in, and perhaps not even sure who I am, either.  I vaguely remember asking Bud if he took euros, at which point he just walked away.  Can't blame him, I guess.  The Rockies won the game against the Toronto Blue Jays 3 to 2, and wound up sweeping the series. Could this be the year the Rockies return to the World Series?  I myself am waiting to place bets until the jet lag wears off, probably around December or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment