Friday, September 27, 2024

Brunching At Syrup!


Yesterday morning my sister Susan and I had brunch at Syrup, a breakfast spot just across the street from Denver's City Park. Syrup has a very pleasant patio with a nice view of that park, and the food is very good. Of course, like many places in Denver, breakfast is no longer cheap. Susan ordered a breakfast of bacon and eggs, toast, and tater tots, along with a coffee, while I had coffee and helped myself to the leftovers Susan didn't want. The total - $30 including tip. I myself remember the good old days when you could get a breakfast for under $10. Of course, that was back when horse-drawn carriages were the main form of transportation, but nevertheless, $30 is pretty pricey. And by the way, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I have written several times on my blog that City Park has swan boats for rent on their lake, while Washington Park, close to where I live, has only cheap plastic boats to rent, and how unfair that is. But just this past week, I was driving past Washington Park on the way home, and saw swan boats there out on Smith Lake. Blog Power Rules! No thanks necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment