Thursday, September 9, 2010

An Original Kimball


My sister Susan bought an original Kimball to put over her couch in her first apartment, a studio on the 40th floor of 1130 South Michigan in Chicago. Over time, she acquired different art and gave me this masterpiece. It has been over my couch for decades. She tells me I need something new after all these years. Even people who have never seen it say I should replace it. It is a painting of Mary Queen of Scotts about to be executed, in a style similar to Modigliani. It is truly a masterpiece. Susan bought it at a gallery on 95th street, in the Beverly neighborhood on the south side of Chicago. After he painted it, Kimball went back home to Korea ( I know, but that's what she told me). I will never part with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment