Thursday, November 11, 2010

The View From Kaiser


I went to an eye appointment at Kaiser's Franklin Building this morning. It was a very dismal, gloomy day - why do people like the fall, anyway? This facility is a large high rise medical building - connected to St. Joseph's Medical Center - and it is very much like being in a hospital. Most of the people here this morning were elderly, dealing with declining health, just as my mother did before she passed away. Steve, the optometrist who I went to see, was a really nice guy, and at the end of the examination told me that all was okay with me - medically. "What the hell does that mean?," I thought to myself. I stewed about that all day. Then, around 5:30 P.M, right before I was about to leave work, I remembered that I had asked Steve about glaucoma, and he had given me some additional tests to make sure all was okay. I realized then that he was distinguishing glaucoma from general eyesight issues. He was NOT calling me crazy, at least not out loud. Maybe I am too sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment