Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back To (What Passes For) Normal




For the first time since December, my apartment is back to normal. First there was a kitchen repair that took 3 months, forcing me to wash dishes in the bathroom and have the entire contents of my kitchen spread all over the apartment. Then, while my sink was finally being reinstalled, came a deluge that flooded most of the apartment. It took another 3 months to get the carpet replaced, during which time furniture was placed helter skelter about the apartment, and most of my possessions were stacked to the rafters in boxes in my den. Not that I'm complaining, of course. I know these things take time and must be carefully thought out. It's just that the planning for this seemed to take longer than planning for D-Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment