Sunday, November 13, 2011

Beyond Iconic




On the recommendation of my friend (and former DU Bookstore co-worker) Valarie, I went to see the documentary film "Beyond Iconic" at the Starz Denver International Film Festival this afternoon. The film celebrated the life of photographer Dennis Stock and was tremendously inspirational. The afternoon started inauspiciously enough - it appeared that only I and one other person would be viewing the film. However, as 3:00 o'clock approached, the theater filled up, and the movie was followed by a Q and A session with the film's director. My only question is, where were all these people until 5 minutes before the start of the film? There must be some sort of open bar somewhere where the "in crowd" hangs out between films. Since today was the last day of this year's Denver Film Festival, I will be able to spend the next year figuring out where that open bar is located. "Wait till next year," as Chicago Cubs fans are fond of saying.

1 comment:

  1. Hi David! Thanks for coming to the film and I'm glad you liked it! As for the mysterious way the crowd materialized - I think I figured it out, after wondering myself - it was people running from one screening just as it ends to another. I was in the same boat for the couple of days I was in Denver, come to think of it (so little time, so many great films!). So, the in-crowd, I'm quite sure, was in the other theaters!
    Hanna Sawka

    ReplyDelete