Sunday, December 8, 2013

The View From Chatfield Farms


I was working in the far southwest suburbs of Denver yesterday and was quite impressed with the view of the mountains from there.  I took the above photograph from a subdivision called Chatfield Farms.  The scenery almost made me forget that it was 9 degrees outside.  Almost.  But I definitely couldn't forget that it was only two and a half hours from sunset and the "dark hours when the powers of evil are exalted," and when your chances of surviving in those harsh elements are considerably reduced.  I had visions of being weakened by hypothermia and suddenly surrounded by wolves, worrying that no one would find what was left of my body until spring.  Happily that didn't happen - at least this time - and I decided that I will definitely not be moving to Chatfield Farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment