Friday, March 27, 2015

A Rare Walk Downtown


I used to walk from work each evening to Denver's Union Station and take the light rail train home.  Now, however, since I often have to go immediately from my Bookstore job to my part-time job in the University of Denver neighborhood, I usually wind up driving to work.  Yesterday was an exception, however, since I had to leave my car at the dealership to fix the "pinstripes," which came off my new Hyundai after I washed it for the first time ("What?  You washed your car?  Never do that again!").  In any case, it was a very pleasant walk indeed, letting me mix with the beautiful people, the homeless, the kids, and the crazies.  Of course, that's just my opinion of them.  I'm sure they all had their own opinion of me.  After all, I used to be known as "Crazy Old Man Hoyt" when I worked at the DU Bookstore.  Although it was the DU Bookstore that made me that way.  I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment