Saturday, August 15, 2015

Talk About Nostalgia!



A few days ago on this Blog I waxed nostalgic about life at Hatch's Bookstore at the University Hills Shopping Mall back in the early 1980s, and just by coincidence I ran across several more photos from that era that I felt I had to share.  What amazes me the most is how little I have changed over the years.  It is eerily similar to The Picture of Dorian Gray.  I definitely need to take that sketch out of the closet that a street artist drew of me in Montmartre years ago and take a good look at it.   In any case, the bottom photograph shows some of the old Hatch gang: in the back row - from left to right -Ingrid, Sue B. (partially hidden by a Dr. Ruth book), and my then wife Lisa.  In the front row - again from left to right - are Lorrie and my sister Susan.  Ingrid was, like Lisa, a graduate of the University of Denver's School of Music.  Lisa is now living in San Francisco.  Lorrie was a student at DU's School of Library Science.  My sister Susan has been featured on this Blog many times.  Sue B. moved back to Ohio and was never heard from again. Another reason never to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment