Friday, July 27, 2018

My Parent's Anniversary



Today would have been my parent's 78th wedding anniversary if they were alive today.  They were married in 1940, back when the Great Depression was still lingering.  My father Nelson was a dentist, but since nobody had any money, he closed his office and moved it to the frontof his parents house.  The enclosed front porch became his waiting room, and a front bedroom that adjoined it became his office.  He practiced there for many many years, but just hated being a dentist.  My mother Mary was a housewife.  Amazingly, married women were not allowed to work at the insurance company where she was employed, and besides, my sister Susan came along two years later and was - and still is, I might add - a handful.  And the above photograph was taken by me back in 1962 as we were walking back to our car along Lake Michigan from visiting the auto show at McCormick Place.  And yes, I was indeed a 9 year old child protege (photography wise), before I went all to hell by the age of 12.  Those are the breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment