Friday, August 3, 2018

More Vacation Nostalgia



Today I am featuring another photograph taken on one of my sister Susan and my vacations to Stuart, Florida, this time back in March,1979.  We decided to head to Key West for a few days, and as I recall I took the photograph not too far from the Hemingway House, a local Key West landmark.  I found this particular snapshot in my book of negatives.  I don't think I ever had an actual print of it, since it was at the end of the roll and only a partial negative. I am very glad to have found it.  It is about a 5 hour drive from Stuart to Key West - 2 hours to Key Largo and another 3 along the Overseas Highway.  We toured the city that day, and the next morning it looked pretty stormy, and so my father insisted we head home right after breakfast.  My father Nelson and mother Mary loved Stuart so much that I think they just wanted to get home.  Which was just fine with me.  It is just good that they were so happy there.  They deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment