Monday, April 8, 2019

A Trip To Coors Field With Mark






I went with my friend Mark (seen in the photograph on the left) to watch the Colorado Rockies play the Los Angeles Dodgers last night at Coors Field here in Denver.  It was a nice evening, but the Rockies looked just horrible, making little league kind of errors and generally just stinking up the field.  They lost by a score of 12 to 6, and the game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicates.  I can understand why Mark was far more interested in talking about cricket instead of baseball during the evening.






The Dodgers are a very good team, of course - they have lots of money to spend, and were the National League Champions last year.  However, the Rockies are 3 and 7 this year, and have yet to win a game at Coors Field, which indicates that they have more problems than just facing a good team such as the Dodgers.  And speaking of the Dodgers, they can be seen in the photograph on the right figuring out their next moves during the game.




It was a nice evening however, fairly warm for April here in Denver, and we definitely got our money's worth, since the game lasted 4 hours. It takes a long time to rack up a combined 18 runs, especially at Coors Field.  And is this just a bump in the road for the Rockies? Will they come back strong as the season goes on?  Beats me.  I also can't help but note that the Chicago White Sox, my south side heros, are currently 3 and 5, and the Chicago Cubs are 2 and 7.  In other words, all the teams I follow are doing poorly.  Could it be me? Am I a jinx? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment