Sunday, April 28, 2019

The Platte River Rowing Club



The temperatures are getting into the upper 70s and lower 80s here in Denver these days, and that means biking weather.  I try to walk the neighborhoods when the weather is cold or it is raining, but feel I need to get out on the bicycle when the temperature gets warmer.  Therefore, I went for a ride through the RiNo and LoHi neighborhoods this past week, and took the above photograph of the Platte River Rowing Club. It is located (Surprise!) on the Platte River, and is currently, according to Google, an "historic" office building (with space available).  The only other reference I found was a visit to the place by Princess Alexandra, a member of the British Royal Family, back in 1984.  I was living in Denver at the time, but can't remember any mention of the event.  And so I ask: why is the building historic? Why was it visited by a member of the British Royal Family?  And does this have anything to do with the death of Princess Diana?  One thing I do know.  The place seems to have nothing to do with rowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment