Thursday, August 12, 2021

In And Around Washington Park With Stuart


My friend Stuart and I picked up takeout food and dined at a picnic table in Denver's Washington Park yesterday afternoon. Afterwards, we walked around the park a bit. It was still pretty hot - at 96 degrees -  and smoky on Wednesday, and so the grounds were not nearly as crowded as usual. Then we headed to the Bonnie Brae Ice Cream Shop, which is still doing a box office business, and where I took the above photograph of Stuart. And by the way, on this same corner are located the ice cream shop, the Bonnie Brae Tavern (which serves great pizza), the Bonnie Brae Liquor Store, and the Eugene Field Branch of the Denver Public Library. If you lived near here, you would never have to leave the neighborhood for the rest of your life. I guess that is both good and bad. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment