Saturday, November 27, 2021

The Grand Illumination At Union Station


I took the light rail train to Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo) last evening to see "The Grand Illumination," which is the lighting of the Christmas tree in front of Denver's Union Station. The festivities began with Christmas carols by the Denver Dolls, an Andrews Sisters style vocal group, followed by a visit by Santa and Mrs. Claus. The grand finale was the lighting of the tree and the station itself, as seen in the photograph above. There were several thousand people in attendance, a curious mixture of families and hipsters. As usual, many of the hipsters were zooming around on those damn motorized scooters, several of which came within inches of hittting me. But after all, it is now the holiday season, a time to be jolly, and just shrug off these little irritations, right? Although I still think those little SOBs were aiming at me. And all right, I'll just say it. Bah Humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment