Monday, August 7, 2023

Mark Visits The UK And Chester






I got a text from my friend Mark, who is on vacation in the UK, mentioning that he visited Chester, which is a town that was first established as a Roman fort back in 79 A.D and located very close to Wales. Mark also sent along a photograph he took while there, which I took the liberty of combining with a photo I took of him a while back via the magic of Photoshop, as seen on the left. Chester is famous for its Victorian era black and white buildings, as well as St. John's, which was built in the 11th Century and was once the cathedral church. Chester, by the way, is located on the River Dee, which is no doubt named after Sandra Dee, who starred on the big screen as Gidget. It is a well-known fact that the British just love their teenage beach party movies. I'll have to ask Mark the reason for this when he returns to Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment