Saturday, March 30, 2024

Better Late Than Never - My Photograph Of Largo Argentina Has Resurfaced!


Just before the Ides of March, I looked for a photograph to post on my blog that I took of Largo Argentina, a square in Rome near Campo de Fiori, where the remains of the 4 oldest temples in Rome, as well as the Curia of Pompey, are located. The Curia, part of the Theater of Pompey, was where Julius Caesar was assassinated in 44 B.C. Back in 2012, it was announced that the exact spot where the assassination took place was found there, marked by Caesar Augustus, Julius Caesar's adopted son. And just this past summer, these ruins were opened to the public for the first time in 2000 years. The Theater of Pompey was evidently a very large complex, and stretched all the way to Campo de Fiori, but Largo Argentina is ground zero for Caesar buffs, of which I am sure there are many. And so, I was not able to post my photograph for the Ides of March, but happily, I ran across it the other day, and am posting it now. Better late than never, right? After all, tourists have been waiting for 2000 years to visit this place, so what is a mere two weeks to see a photo of it? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment