Sunday, March 31, 2024

Happy Easter!


Happy Easter Everyone! In celebrating this holiday, I am posting a photograph taken of me at my most charming best one Easter morning, back where I grew up in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago. It was taken in the den of our home there, which later doubled as my sister Susan's bedroom after I came along and took her room. And yes, after 71 years, she still brings this up once in a while. Talk about a long memory. But no matter - it is Easter, spring is here, the days are getting longer, the summer not too far off, and we have an exciting presidential election to look forward to that will entertain and absorb our attention all the way through the first Tuesday in November, and perhaps much longer, if the last presidential contest is any guide. And on this Easter Sunday, one of the candidates is even comparing himself to Jesus and selling "God Bless the USA Bibles" (at a cost of $59.95 each - get them while you can). One South Florida newspaper columnist has suggested referring to those bibles as the "King Donald Version." That should give you pause as you digest that ham and scalloped potatoes. Am I right, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment