Friday, June 25, 2010

Inspirational Quotes for the DU Bookstore


Wally has worked at the DU Bookstore for many years. I told him about my blog and that I wanted to take his photograph and get an inspirational quote from him to put with it. Wally is quite a fan of Winston Churchill and belongs to the Denver chapter of the Churchillian Society, so I naturally expected a quote from his hero. However, he instead quoted Jean Giraudoux, the French diplomat, playwright, and novelist. The quote: "Only the mediocre are always at their best." I assume he was directing his quote at his fellow bookstore employees. Trish, knowing Wally is a Winston Churchill fan, gave us her favorite Churchill quote: "When you're going through hell, keep going." Since the purpose of these quotes is to inspire the Bookstore employees, I assume she was talking about the Bookstore. I told you she was trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment