Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Not Bitter, But...


Tonight I went to buy $12 discount tickets for the Saturday night Cubs game at Coors Field. Evidently this was a "classic" game and not eligible for the $12 King Sooper's special price. I guess "classic" games are against opponents that have not won a National League pennant since we dropped the bomb on Japan. In any case, I bought the regular priced cheap seats (with a $3.00 "classic" game premium and a $3.00 handling fee per ticket). Once again, I am not bitter, but I think baseball fans need to know that Rockies ownership eats their young and parks their Rolls Royce's in handicapped spaces. On the other hand, at least I have "cheap" tickets. If you go to the box office on the day of the game, they laugh at you if you want the cheapest seats. The Rockies close off most of the cheap seats, unless they think there will be a sellout. And they never think there will be a sellout, the pessimistic bastards. But I am not bitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment