Sunday, March 11, 2012

Transistor Radio



I worked on closing the "old" DU Bookstore's books yesterday at our undisclosed location somewhere on the University of Denver Campus and brought along my transistor radio to listen to the Colorado Rockies spring training game. The radio works, but it takes a little work to get it going. Because of this, I thought it might be time to replace it with a newer model, and asked Barry, the Bookstore's technology guru, where I might pick one up. Barry informed me that they no longer exist. What? The radios I listened to WLS in Chicago with when I was a kid and to Harry Caray broadcasting the White Sox games no longer exist? An outrage! It seems to me like they were very popular just yesterday. And no, that does not mean I am getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment