Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Visit With Dave R.



I stopped by the "new" DU Bookstore this morning on my way to what I can only refer to as "an undisclosed location" to work on the "old" DU Bookstore's books. I chatted with Dave R. for a while, and he seems to be doing quite well under the new management. I must say that all the new contract management people now working at the Bookstore are very friendly toward me. This is despite the fact that I heard through the grapevine that some were not pleased with my mentioning their company's name on this blog, especially in relation to my whimsical and playful comments. Plus, this past week I called to have the telephone billing changed from the old DU Bookstore to the new company, after which DU Telephone Services called the Bookstore to inform them that Dave Hoyt ordered all of their telephones disconnected within the hour. It also doesn't help that Doug, one of the Bookstore's textbooks buyers, is spreading the rumor that the reason I am not working this month in the store is because I am in jail. No matter - I am sure I will be welcomed with open arms when I join the new DU Bookstore April 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment