Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve is all about family, and I have been thinking a lot today about Christmases past.  I came across several photos of the Christmas of 1964, when my mother and father and sister and I lived in the Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago.  Those were happy days, all of us together and living in that wonderful house on Aberdeen Street .  My mother loved the place so much it was hard to persuade her to go on vacations.  Several years ago I went back to the old neighborhood after  44 years.  I am happy to report that it is just as nice as ever.  I put together a "Blurb" book, "The Journey Home: Returning to Chicago," chronicling my experiences on that trip (www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1361398 ), and I never fail to get a warm glow whenever I look at it.  It is so nice to have all those wonderful memories.  Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment