Saturday, December 31, 2022

It's New Year's Eve!


It's New Year's Eve, and in honor of this occasion I am featuring a classic photograph of my mother Mary and sister Susan on New Year's Eve back in 1994, showing the contrast between their respective ideas of how to celebrate. My sister is dressed up and ready to head out to party, while my mother is brushing her teeth, getting ready to sleep on the living room sofa in Susan's townhouse up in Fort Collins, Colorado. The first floor of that townhouse could get pretty nippy at night, and my mother, visiting during the holidays from Stuart, Florida, was not used to the cold, and from bitter experience (pun intended), always brought a sweatsuit to wear at night up there. All that's missing in this photo are the party hats. Party hearty, everyone, but stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment