Thursday, October 5, 2023

Syrup In The Morning


My sister Susan and I have had breakfast several times lately at the Syrup Restaurant across the street from City Park here in Denver. This is a breakfast and lunch place with a really nice outdoor patio, and a great view of the park, as seen in the photograph above. The breakfasts are pretty tasty, and the portions are very sizable, too. Regular blog readers will be happy to know that it is a dog friendly patio, and I was able to take a photograph of what will be the November Mutt of the Month. This restaurant is part of a small Denver area chain, located in the City Park West neighborhood on York Street, just a few doors down from the Smith Mansion, built in 1902 in the French Eclectic style by the son of a wealthy mine owner. That mansion is a massive 14,000 square feet and very hard to miss as you drive by. And it is now - get ready for it - the home of a criminal defense and immigration law firm. They are housed in one of the grandest mansions in Denver, and don't even advertise on TV. I just knew I should have used my University of Denver tuition waiver to go to law school. But it's still not too late - I am only 70, after all. I think I will head over to Syrup at City Park this morning and mull it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment