Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gin and Sin!


I read in the paper that "Gin and Sin," a bar at 39th and High Street in Denver, had closed. I drove up there to commemorate the loss of that urban legend, but when I got there, the sign on the building said "Jezebel's Juke Joint and Brothel." Perhaps I just misread the article in the paper, and "Gin and Sin" was simply what the place served. In any case, the newspaper article said that many people had tried to make a go of it in that location, but failed. The Post stated that the reason for the failures was that the place was haunted by ghosts, and that these ghosts drove everyone away. I have no intention of calling into question the veracity of the Denver Post, but we who have been trained in real estate issues can easily recognize that 39th and High Street is not what you would call a "AAA" location. In any case, I have never seen or felt the presence of a ghost, although I have had drinks on several occasions with a 6 foot tall invisible rabbit (a "Pookah") named Harvey. Curiously, he only seems to show up after I have finished my third pint of beer. "Sure, I'll Stay and Have One More Pint!" has been my response in these situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment