Saturday, February 3, 2024

AFAR Magazine


I just finished perusing the latest issue of AFAR, a quarterly travel magazine. It is chock full of interesting articles on places to visit throughout the world. The cover story of this latest edition is titled "Where to Go in 2024: 25 places to Visit Next." I have to admit that there are a number of places they feature that I would not want to visit, with Exhibit A being the Texas Hill Country, but many of them do sound worth exploring. I subscribed to this magazine years ago, which is how I found out about the Outer Sunset neighborhood of San Francisco, which I eventually visited and walked through, as the fog got increasingly thicker, and fog horns sounded in the distance. Eventually, I found The Riptide, a bar a block from the ocean, which the magazine recommended and where I had a hamburger and a beer. It was a fun and evocative experience, and I believe reading this magazine will lead to many more fun adventures. Years ago, when it came time to renew, it was a little too expensive for me, and I let it lapse, but I recently received a special offer in the mail, and resubscribed. And am glad I did. Although I still have no intention of ever going anywhere near the Texas Hill Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment