Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Urban Cowboy Is Coming To Denver!





Urban Cowboy, a hotel, restaurant, and bar, will be opening "soonish" in Denver's Uptown neighborhood, in the George Schleier Mansion, built in 1887 and seen in the photograph on the left. It will have an 18-room hotel, The Parlor Bar by the downstairs lobby, and a public house they hope will become a "neighborhood watering hole" inside the two-story carriage house. I originally read about this place in a Denver Post article back in 2022, which said it would be open in the first half of 2023, and so I have been checking on the progress of this project for over a year now. I am glad to hear it will be open "soonish." That certainly narrows it down. Urban Cowboy began as a B and B in Brooklyn, New York, the brainchild of the husband-and-wife team of Lyon Porter and Jersey Banks. They then opened a hotel in the Catskills, then in Nashville, and now Denver. Banks grew up in Denver's Highlands Neighborhood, and so considers this kind of a coming home for her, although they still live in Brooklyn, and have turned their B and B back into a family home. I can't blame them for that. I would hate to have strangers in my house, always lurking about, touching things, constantly wanting you to change the bedding and clean the bathroom. What a nightmare. I just hope I will be able to head over to that carriage house for an IPA soonish rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment