Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wally Returns!


Wally returned to the Bookstore today after five days off. He and his wife Linda attended the funeral of Linda's uncle at Arlington National Cemetery, near Washington D.C. He was a career naval officer and was buried with full military honors. Wally told us that they had a horseless rider taking part in the ceremony. That brought to mind scenes from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," which I did not think appropriate for such an occasion. Upon further questioning, Wally admitted that it was in fact a riderless horse. That seems much more appropriate for such a solemn occasion.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I just read this and almost fell off my chair I was laughing sooo hard! I think I'm turning pink...I can't stop laughing! Wally, bless your heart! I was trying to figure out why they made a ritualistic horse sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ave,

    Robyn and I were sitting at the library, perusing your blog. When I came upon this entry I literally went into hysterics, nearly choking on a carrot and snorting out loud in the library. This was particularly the case when I imagined you and Wally having this conversation. Thank you for the respite from pretending to do work.

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete