Thursday, March 31, 2011

At Least No One Died


I saw the van of the team that was going to put my kitchen back together in front of my building this afternoon, and took a self-portrait, hoping to blog about how long it took to get my kitchen back. As faithful readers know, my entire dining room has been covered with the contents of my kitchen cabinets since February 14th, and I have had to use the bathroom sink to wash my dishes. When I walked in the door, the plumber was there, hooking up my sink. He left to pick up a part, and a short while later water started shooting out of the pipe, flooding my kitchen, bedroom, hallway, and half the living room. As I write, the padding of my living and dining room carpet is being ripped out, and half of my bedroom carpet is gone. Ironically, the damage is 10 times worse than the damage they were hired to fix in the first place. I have to keep my perspective - no one died, it is not a tragedy - but yesterday I could not use my dining room and kitchen, and tonight I can't use the living room, dining room, kitchen, and bedroom. I am peeved.

No comments:

Post a Comment