Thursday, August 9, 2012

Small Town Denver



I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  Denver is a small town.  For years I used to wander  the streets of Chicago, and never ran into anybody I knew outside of my own neighborhood.  In Denver, I run into people I know all the time.  This evening my friend Stuart (see photograph above) and I were having burgers and beers at the Teller Tap House in suburban Lakewood when Carol, my co-worker at the DU Bookstore, and her husband, walked up to our table to say hello.  This is actually a very nice thing about Denver, although I worry that people might think they can wander into any bar anywhere in the world and have a better than even chance of running into me there.  And this is simply not true, is it?  I mean really, is it?  Certainly not every bar, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment