Thursday, August 2, 2012

Two Guys Wedding Planning


Marty (pictured above), my colleague at the DU Bookstore, returned to work yesterday after attending a wedding in rural Montana.  Coincidentally, I also attended a wedding in rural Oregon a few weeks ago. Both weddings took place alongside an old barn, in a beautiful rural setting.  Marty - an old married guy - and  I -  an old divorced guy - don't read Modern Bride as much as we used to, but evidently rural weddings are quite the thing these days.  It occurred to me that with our recent experiences - what I call the "vision thing,"  - we could start our own wedding planner business.  I could find the rural locations, Marty could supply the money, Marty's wife could put together the "cutesy" touches, and we could hire Doug - the other DU Bookstore Book Buyer - to talk to brides about their flower options.  We could all make a fortune.  Hey Blog Readers!  Be the first to sign up for our services and we'll give you a special rate - whatever you want to pay!  Talk about a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment