Saturday, October 13, 2012

Renegade Is Righteous!


I went to Renegade Brewing here in Denver tonight for the tapping of its barrel-aged Belgian Strong Ale.  I expected speeches, the cutting of ribbons, and the flowing of beer from the keg after it was tapped.  Instead, there was nothing.  The Belgian Strong Ale wasn't even on the chalk board menu.  After ordering my second IPA, I asked the bartender about the tapping of the Belgian Strong Ale.  "Yeah man," he replied in a whisper.  "Do you want a splash or a taste?"  "A taste," I replied, in an equally  horse whisper.  So that's how it is, I thought to myself. A top secret brew available only to those in the know.  Insiders like me.  The beer was indeed very strong.  The largest serving is in a snifter, necessary to keep Denver's beer affectionados from having a couple of pints and then heading home aimlessly in four different directions.  In any case, Renegade is a great brew pub, located just north of the Santa Fe Arts District, and packed with beer lovers of all ages.  Keep up the good work, guys!      

No comments:

Post a Comment