Wednesday, November 15, 2023

The November Mutt Of The Month


I took the photograph above of the November Mutt of the Month on the outside patio of Syrup, a breakfast restaurant located just across the street from City Park in Denver. And I must say, that dog gave me its complete attention, no doubt hoping I would toss it a few strips of bacon. Syrup's patio is indeed very nice, with a great view of the park across the street, and the food is good too. But like most restaurants in Denver, due to inflation and the increase in Denver's minimum wage over the past few years, the cost of dining out is getting pretty damn expensive. Back in the good old days, breakfast used to be a reasonably priced meal. Now, eating out at any time of the day can require getting a short term loan, no doubt at an interest rate of well over 20%. And that dog thinks I will share my bacon with it? Dream on, my furry friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment