Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Lunching With Stuart Along Beautiful Colorado Boulevard


And no, this is not the same Colorado Boulevard that the Little Old Lady from Pasadena used to terrorize. This is an ugly street of strip malls, fast food outlets, and car dealerships, located in Denver, Colorado. Stuart - seen in the photograph above - and I dined at an amusing little bistro yesterday afternoon called Qdoba, where they serve a pretty good chicken tortilla soup.  During the summer, you can dine on the patio, with a great view of traffic rushing past Native Roots, the 7-Eleven of Colorado marijuana outlets, but since it was a bit chilly out there, we decided to dine inside. And what did we discuss? Trump, of course. Yesterday was the New Hampshire primary, first in the nation, which Trump did indeed win, as we all found out later, but by a much closer margin than expected. Stuart feels that with the 91 indictments he is facing, Trump will soon be going to prison, while I feel his lawyers will use their delaying tactics to keep him out of jail for the rest of his life. We disagree on this point, but didn't put any money on it. And speaking of money, as you can see in the photograph, Stuart, a DU alum, is proudly wearing his University of Denver sweatshirt. Like most universities, they are always calling to see how you are doing, let you know about all the exciting things happening on campus, and ask for as much money as you can possibly gather up as soon as possible. I suspect I know exactly how Stuart handles those calls ("let me send you a blank check, and you can fill it in"). I myself am also a DU alumni, but I also worked at the DU Bookstore for almost 30 years, and when they give me a call, I just tell them I gave at the office. Go Pioneers!

No comments:

Post a Comment