Saturday, March 23, 2024

Spring Break At DU


Spring Break begins today at the University of Denver, and yesterday afternoon, when I took a walk across campus and took the photograph above, there was nary a student in sight. DU attracts a wealthy student body, and no doubt most of them have jetted off to exotic locations for the week, and probably even longer - why should missing a few classes matter? And not only did I not see a single student on campus, I also did not see a single soul in the DU Bookstore, where I worked as the Finance Manager until the university outsourced the store to Follett Higher Education Group. In fact, the doors were closed, and I was not sure they were even open. And surprisingly enough, for the first time ever, I received an ad for the store on my DU e-mail account. The advertisement wanted to let me know it had everything I needed to take along on spring break. Back when I worked there, none of the staff was on spring break - we were all desperately getting ready for the start of the spring quarter. Of course, if they no longer have many customers, as appears to be the case whenever I walk by, I suppose there is not much reason to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment