Wednesday, August 26, 2026
A Visit To Bob Graham Beach
Most of the time when I go to the beach here in Stuart, I go to Stuart Beach, located on Hutchinson Island just to the east of that South Florida city. But just for fun, the other day I stopped at Bob Graham Beach, about a mile or so to the north. It is a lot less crowded, and much less developed, as can be seen in the photograph above. The main reason I chose this particular beach to visit is because of its name. Bob Graham was the governor of Florida from 1979 to 1987 and represented Florida in the Senate from 1987 to 2005. He was a liberal Democrat back when that was still socially acceptable here in Florida and very popular. He focused on education, diversifying the state's economy, and the environment, and was responsible for the biggest environmental protection program in Florida history. Hence the reason for naming this still pristine beach after him. Good call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment