Saturday, May 5, 2012

Official University of Denver Policy


A group of former and current DU Bookstore employees were walking back from my retirement luncheon the other day (I am "retired" from the University of Denver but still work 5 days a week - a 21st Century retirement) when the subject of Doug, the resident Bookstore curmudgeon, came up.  I mentioned to Tristy, the former Bookstore Director, that Doug was a big part of my response in case an active shooter turned up on campus.  Official DU policy is that if you can't get away or get to a locked, safe room, everyone should rush the shooter, on the theory that he or she couldn't shoot everyone.  I told Tristy my plan was to be right behind Doug when we rushed the shooter.  Tristy pointed out that Doug is razor thin and I might want to rethink the plan.  Then I noticed Marty, the DU Bookstore's Textbook Manager (in the photograph above), bringing up the rear.  New plan!  I'll be right behind you, Marty.  You yourself might want to try and get behind Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment