Thursday, December 27, 2018

Celebrating Boxing (aka Calendar) Day!





Yesterday was Boxing Day, and since all my servants are taking care of the villa in the South of France, I wasn't able to personally give them their gifts (hopefully they will all be happy with a cheery post card). Therefore I had some free time to buy half price calendars at Denver's Cherry Creek Mall. Since it now charges for parking, I was forced to park a few blocks away and walk to the mall along a bike path running past Cherry Creek, the mall's namesake.  It was a very pleasant stroll, despite the cold temperatures, and a nice contrast to the frenzied crowds searching for post-Christmas bargains inside.





After making my purchases I decided to walk around the mall and do a bit of people watching in that bastion of the elite.  I also ran across a McLaren sports car on display, a racy little number with a sales price of $192,000.  However, I have never heard of a McLaren before.  I have no idea how reliable it is, and so I think I will stick with my Hyundai Accent, at least for now.  The saddest part of the day, however, can be seen in the photograph on the right - Santa has left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment