Saturday, December 15, 2018

The December Mutts Of The Month






The December Mutts of the Month are none other than my sister Susan's dogs Tutu (on the right) and Blackberry (on the left), seen staring up at my sister adoringly in the adjacent photo.  My sister objects to calling them mutts, since she says they are purebreds, but it is hard to get the proper alliteration with the word purebreds.  In any case, these dogs are completely devoted to my sister.  And ever since I drove them to Santa Fe, New Mexico and back, they are totally distrustful of me.  Blackberry is especially convinced I am going to whisk them away on another 7 hour car trip at any moment.



Lately when I am up in Fort Collins I have been taking Blackberry for a walk (more like a run) in the evenings, and have found that everybody in the neighborhood knows her, since she greats everyone like a long lost friend she hasn't seen in years.  One fellow out walking his own dog referred to her as a black ball of energy.  Tutu, on the other hand, refuses to go out when it is cold, and shivers when out for even a minute. Coming back from Santa Fe, we stopped in Taos and walked around the plaza, where a local referred to Tutu as a "rodent on a rope."  That made my sister extremely angry, and she absolutely hates the City of Taos because of that.  Even I have to admit that it didn't seem like a very dog friendly place.  Probably due to a severe coyote problem or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment