Tuesday, December 13, 2022

December At The Zoo





I went to the Denver Zoo to take a few photographs this past Sunday afternoon. The weather was sunny and pleasant, and most of the animals were out and about, enjoying the day. I know that I always tend to post photographs of the lions and tigers, but they are the only animals that will pose for me on a regular basis, which is why I am featuring a photograph of each of them today, including one of the "bachelor" lions seen in the photo on the left. The docent at the zoo says that the zoological association recommended that they not breed. A quite different kind of organization recommended the same thing for Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene.





When I arrived at The Edge (the tiger compound), the docent was talking about the tiger in the photo on the right, who at the time seemed to be eating a cardboard box. I don't know if the zoo is trying to economize or what, but I personally feel that is not a healthy meal. They should definitely start giving it some meat. Afterwards, it went into the far corner with it's back turned away from zoo visitors, but I walked around the corner of the compound, and it was kind enough to once again pose for the camera, bless her heart. Reliable as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment