Thursday, December 29, 2022

Venturing Out To The Suburbs During The Holidays


I drove from my condo in Denver to to the Park Meadows Shopping Mall in south suburban Lone Tree, Colorado yesterday afternoon in my quest to find a Rick Steves Wall Calendar. Park Meadows is the largest shopping mall in the state, and despite the rain and cold, it was packed. You could tell it was in the suburbs because at least half the shoppers were teenagers. It actually surprised me that teens still hang out at the mall - I thought that was part of a bygone era, but evidently they still do. The mall features "grand mountain lodge" architecture, including a big fireplace in the "dining hall," and also a large central atrium, as seen in the photograph above. Of course, I really don't care much about shopping malls. All I wanted was to find that damn calendar, which sadly was nowhere to be found. I finally ordered it online from Calendars.com. If I took their 35% discount, they charged postage, and if I didn't use the discount, the postage was free. In other words, whatever you did, you wound up paying full price. Welcome to the wonderful world of shopping on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment