Saturday, December 10, 2022

Getting Takeout From Pepper Asian Bistro





I drove to Pepper Asian Bistro last night to pick up an order of pork fried rice to serve with last night's dinner. I think Pepper - located on Colfax Avenue, just down the street from my old employer, the Tattered Cover Bookstore - has the best Chinese food in Denver. The pork fried rice tastes just like the fried rice our family used to get at the Lang Lee Chop Suey Restaurant back in Evergreen Park (which borders the South Side Beverly neighborhood of Chicago) when I was a kid. That chop suey joint was located at 95th and Millard Avenue, just down the street from my Uncle Jack and Aunt Helen's house. What I want to know is what ever happened to chop suey? Has it become politically incorrect to serve? These days, I usually order Mongolian beef, but I suspect it is just chop suey by a different name. As you can tell, I am nothing if not a discerning gourmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment